1. Walker, H.A. and R.H. Doster [Eds.]. 2009. Proceedings of the Gray Vireo Symposium co-sponsored by the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish and the New Mexico Ornithological Society. 12-13 April 2008, Albuquerque, NM. New Mexico Department of Game and Fish, Santa Fe, NM (PDF 4.3 MB)
Special Publications Series
1. Niles, David. 1963. Catalog of Bird Specimens, Southwestern Museum of Natural History. New Mexico Ornithological Society Publication No. 1. 38 pp. (Scanned PDF 7.3 MB) (A 1968 supplement is out of print.)
NOTE: Current information about the Museum of Southwestern Biology – Bird Division collections is now available through an online searchable database.
2. Niles, David. Observations on the Summer Birds of the Animas Mountains, New Mexico. 1966. 23 pp. Out of print.
3. Hubbard, John P. Check-list of the Birds of New Mexico. 1968. Out of print.
4. Schmitt, Carl G. 1976. Summer Birds of the San Juan Valley, New Mexico. New Mexico Ornithological Society Publication No. 4. 22 pp. (Scanned PDF 7.8 MB)
5. Hundertmark, Charles A. 1978. Breeding Birds of Elephant Butte Marsh. New Mexico Ornithological Society Publication No. 5. 17 pp. (Scanned PDF 6.8 MB)
6. Hubbard, John P. Revised Check-list of the Birds of New Mexico. 1978. 110 pp. [Because of the length of this document, it is provided as PDFs of five sections. NOTE: in taxonomic order of the time]
- Introduction and Loons – Ducks (Scanned PDF of 4.1 MB)
- Vultures – Skimmers (Scanned PDF of 3.5 MB)
- Doves – Wrentits (Scanned PDF of 5.6 MB)
- Dipper – Common Grackle (Scanned PDF of 5.7 MB)
- Cowbird – End (Scanned PDF 9of 5.2 MB)
7. Huntington, Dustin; and Huntington, Sue. Rare and unusual birds of New Mexico: a compilation of 20 years of NMOS Field Notes (1960-1980). 1983. 110 pp. Out of print.
New Mexico Bird-finding guides series
1. Zimmerman, Dale A.; Hayward, Bruce J.; and Huey, Mary. Bird-finding localities in southwestern New Mexico and southeastern Arizona. 1966. 12 pp. Out of print.
2. Montgomery, Vester A.; and Huey, Mary. Bird-finding localities in the vicinity of Roswell, New Mexico. 1969. 10 pp. Out of print.
Additional Publications Available
Tatschl, John L. 1967. Breeding Birds of the Sandia Mountains and Their Ecological Distributions. The Condor 69(5): 479-490. (PDF 893 KB)
All in-print publications available from:
New Mexico Ornithological Society
P.O. Box 3068
Albuquerque, NM 87190
Or e-mail the Treasurer at: email@example.com